What does video tell us about the way news industry is changing?
• Traditional newspapers are on the decline.
• More digital means of getting the news are becoming more popular than print.
• Becoming interested in being aesthetically pleasing.
Why did papers need redesign?
• Declining sales figures.
• People found the newspaper layouts boring.
Do you think this will change how newspapers employ people? If so, how?
• Their artistic flair/creativity will now be a factor.
• Hiring younger people with more all-rounded skills.
What would you think if you were editor with no design knowledge?
• Be a good thing if the sales are going up.
• Find aesthetically pleasing as well as informative.
Do these papers open more opportunities for you as student on the course?
• Helps us think about how we present our work, and allows us to show our creative sides so that our work stands out and looks interesting.